The Aeropress is a modern style full immersion brewer, hailing from the same company that brought us the Aerobie ‘super disk’. With lots of different variables to play around with it has become a bit of a cult icon within the industry. Even earning its own world championships.
Get creative with this brewer, try different brew times, different grind sizes, water temperatures. Have fun with your coffee and enjoy how one little change can adjust the whole flavour of your brew.
Aeropress are great for showcasing overall balance of a coffee. Being able to precisely control brew time enables us to showcase all the sweet flavours. By having a paper or fine mesh filter in place we can ensure bitterness remains low allowing the acidity to shine. Perfect for coffees that have great sweetness and acidity.
Serves 1 cup
16g of medium to coarsely ground coffee
240ml of water straight off the boil
Recommended brew time is 2 minutes
- Insert plunger to fit just inside the bottom of the chamber - allowing full capacity to brew. Place upside down so that the hexagonal side is facing upwards.
- Place a single filter paper inside the cap and wet the paper.
- Add the coffee into the chamber and add 180ml the hot water. Stir thoroughly.
- Twist the cap, including the filter, onto the top of the chamber.
- Leave to brew for desired time - we recommend 2 minutes.
- Carefully flip the whole Aeropress ensuring that the cap remains inside of your pre-warmed mug or jug.
- Slowly press until all of the coffee has been passed through the filter.
- Add the remaining 60ml of hot water to the finished brew. By adding this at the end you will clean up the taste profile of your cup. Alternatively, if you like milk in your coffee add your milk instead of the extra hot water.