Sol De La Mañana
Melon, white grape, pear, caramel
The coffee for this lot came from a mix of Sol De La Mañana producers from the Copacabana colonia, with the majority of it being produced by Marcelino Katari (SdlM for 7 years) and Nancy Palle (SdlM for 4 years).
The traditional way to process coffee in Bolivia is via the Washed method, but the Los Rodriguez team have innovated and added an Anaerobic Fermentation stage which is done in stainless steel fermentation vessels. More commonly seen in breweries or wineries, these allow the absolute highest level of control in managing this process and enable the team to deliver incredibly consistent quality. Supported by the onsite lab and resident microbiologist, samples are taken and measured daily to monitor the fermentation.
- Producers: Marcelino Katari, Nancy Palle and neighbouring Sol de la Mañana producers
- Region: Caranavi
- Variety: Caturra, Catuai, Java
- Process: Anaerobic Washed
- Altitude: 1,550 - 1,650 m.a.s.l.
- Roast Date: September 2023